
This is my take on the countdown aspect of the holiday season. The journaling reads: This year the countdown is not to Christmas but to when we get to be together with Amy, Kirk, Annabelle, Ian, Brian and Grannie in Washougal, WA! This will be the first time in over 10 years that we have all awakened together on Christmas morning in the same house. I made this Advent calendar for Annabelle and Ian so they could count off the days until we could all be together.
Last year I had no trouble thinking of the "Best and Worst" Christmas since they had happened so recently and one right after the other with the lost wedding ring in the cookie dough. Truth is there never was a bad Christmas memory for me until Colleen passed away which coincidentally happened at Christmas time. I still even 9 years later cannot write about this but I felt this year I am getting closer

.
The journaling reads: I miss you so much. I am so thankful that we never ever did not spend a Christmas morning together for my entire life. You were the perfect big sister and I miss you every day and even more so at this time of year. I see you everywhere at this time of year but most especially in the eyes of this little girl. I am so thrilled that Annabelle and I can share Christmas together this year. I will have plenty of Grannie Colleen Christmas stories to share with her. You will definitely be a part of our Christmas this year and every year!
The question of being organized makes me laugh every year. My family thinks I am over the to anal about organization and I have to laugh, especially this year. Only one present has been purchased, nothing is under the tree and I couldn't be in a better mood. Oh and I'm still not using the Holiday Planner I made for myself but it looks so darn pretty on the bookshelf and fakes everyone out that sees it!
My most important items to get done this holiday season are listed on this entry:1. Have Fun2. Celebrate Miss Peggy’s 60th Birthday!
3. Fly to Washougal to celebrate Christmas with family 4. Enjoy Larsen Movie night 5. Party with our friends 6. Bake lots of cookies 7. Wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS! This year the name of the game is to have FUN! I’m not so concerned with buying presents or stressing to make sure everything is perfect. My main thing I want to do this Christmas is to enjoy the season.

I really had fun with the camera on this entry. No journaling - just a few shots of the Christmas sights at the Larsen house.
Off to figure out which traditions I want to write about since the one I had in mind is not making me happy at the moment (or is it the LO?) Such is the dilemma of the type A personality trying to relax!
9 comments:
wonderful job on your entries...Dec 6th was especially touching. beautiful.
totally loving your entries
you are doing such a great job with the journal this year and the page with Colleen made me cry. Wonderful journaling and I am so happy you are spending this christmas with your niece and her family
Loving the candy cane photos, great LOs, love the journalling.
your stuff is beautiful!
cyndi
these pages are fabulous as is your attitude! I can feel the christmas cheer all the way in NY. And love your new blog design
Oh, I am loving your pages ... the one with Colleen is especially awesome. What an amazing tribute! I also love the new blog banner with those candycanes!
Beautiful job, Gaye - I loved your photos and the journaling about Colleen was just beautiful!!
Post a Comment