Day 2 on the road begins. We laughed when we checked into the hotel and there was an envelope on the nightstand that said "Gratuities Appreciated". Certainly hope the housekeeping staff appreciates the "gratuity" we left for them.

But then again this is Utah, so probably it was wasted on them. Mark suggested a "Fume Blanc Mimosa" but after the Pinto Bean Pie last night and a 500+ miles journey I didn't want to chance it.
So what was it I said yesterday about boring landscape? Ok I forgot about southern Utah. Sorry, Karen but this is the epitome of boring landscape to me. Just one of the few picture worthy highlights.

We left 90+ temps in San Diego and they were supposed to steadily rise during the week while we were gone. Here's what we encountered as we crossed the Rocky Mountains today. For you in San Diego - that's not white soil - it's snow on the first day of fall.

This was about an hour outside of Denver on our way to see my cousins, just before reaching the Eisenhower Tunnel.

Gotta love a place that has 2 mile plus tunnel through a snowy mountain pass. The rest of the trip to Denver was uneventful. Absolutely loved seeing Jim and Judy and their 1928 carriage house in Denver. Judy, however is no longer allowed to be our photographer as you can see from her photo of Mark, Jim and I.


That's okay Judy, your hospitality and your dessert more than made up for your photography. Thanks again to Jim and Judy for the great hospitality.
Tomorrow onto Omaha and Laura!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you are having such a good time and I know you'll enjoy every second with your baby girl!
Post a Comment