Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Today is the day when everyone is Irish, including those of us that truly are! My corned beef is in the crock pot and there’s Killian’s Irish Red waiting for me when I get home.
Went to a terrific St. Patty’s Day party over the weekend where we had even more corned beef and Killian’s. Way too much singing of “Oh Danny Boy”. I know now why that song is banned from so many Irish pubs – it’s just so damn depressing. I’m a much bigger fan of “My Wild Rose” – easier to sing and far less depressing!
So wherever you hail from for today, from this Irish gal:
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

No comments: