I really struggled with the entry about traditions and almost gave up but then realized I have a pretty good tradition going. Over 50 years of always having Christmas morning with my mom (and this year will be no different). I never missed a Christmas morning with my dad or my sister when they were living and I think that's a pretty worthwhile tradition.

The paper is from a Daisy Ds kit collection I picked up awhile ago. I love the vintage feel to it. The lettering was done on my Cricut with the Opposites Attract cartridge.
The journaling says: One of my favorite traditions is that I have always had the opportunity to have Christmas with my family every year. I never really thought about what an awesome tradition this was until family members that I had always spent Christmas with were no longer here. I have passed this tradition on to my kids, hopefully, as they tell me all the time that they can’t imagine ever not spending Christmas together.
Family +Christmas = Tradition
Normally I'm all about gift wrapping. One of my favorite jobs in high school was wrapping gifts at a local department store on Christmas vacations. I've loved it ever since. This year I've yet to wrap a single present!

This paper is from last year's Figgy Pudding collection by Basic Grey. I love that collection so much. It's getting to the point where I'm starting to hoard all the little pieces because I know it will be gone soon!
And there's absolutely no debate in this house about real vs. fake trees. I will NEVER have an artificial tree in my house. There is nothing like the smell. Now that we've decided to forgo moving the table out of the living room and getting a smaller tree I don't even have the needle mess to worry about (not that I ever worried - that's why God made vacuum cleaners!)
Simple to the point and another excuse to use some of the Figgy Pudding collection of paper.
Wow, does it feel good to be caught up!
5 comments:
I love your entries, Gaye - just beautiful!! Normally, I would agree about the artificial vs. real tree but I've gotten lazy so that I can keep my tree up longer. Morgan would agree with you - she wants to go back to the tree farm!
fabulous pages, Gaye! I agree, the best tradition of all is being together as a family.
excellent pages! i'm off tomorrow and plan to catch up on a few I missed.
wonderful entry. I need to catch up but I am an artificial tree girl though every few years we help my parents get a real real tree with a rootball that we then plant.
awesome pages and I totally love your new photo for your blog
Post a Comment